Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Blog Intro

My history is not so good when it comes to blogging.  I am not a great writer and my grammer is often corrected by others...not to mention names, but a man that I am married to, and an older sister of mine, correct me the most : )  When I started my first blog I wasn't sure what to write about since the 3 or 4 people who were most likely to read it would have already heard my most current life news via email, phone calls, or facebook.  But now ... NOW I have something I am excited to write about and share with others.
Health and fitness have always been important to me.  I've enjoyed sports and workouts since I was probably two years old.  After highschool (when my metabolism started to change) my interest in nutrition increased!  But, just because these two things have been important to me for a long time does not mean that I have maintained a healthy balance in both these areas.  Food.  I LOVE food.  I will admit that it is a struggle to consistently put the right things into my body. Cheddar peppers, cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, and icecream are obviously not very nutritional, yet they are SO delicious and hard to resist.  When I'm at home thinking about making a sandwich and all the work that goes into it (toasting bread, slicing avocado, getting out lunch meat, sprouts, light mayo, etc.), the easier option is to call my husband and ask him to bring me a  cheeseburger on the way home.  The silly thing is, I know it would only take a few minutes to make a sandwich and that would definitely be the better choice. 

Lately, I have found myself more motivated and more consistent with making healthy choices on a daily basis.  I am enjoying ALL sorts of wonderfully nutritious meals and snacks.  Physical activity of all sorts including running, spinning, zumba and any type of group cardio class have kept my workouts from being mundane.  I plan to share recipes, ideas, and pictures of the meals and snacks that I am eating each week.  Being a very busy, working mom with little time to plan and prepare (or little desire...one of the two),  I have found ways to quickly prepare foods that are both healthy and tasty. 

Living a healthy lifestyle does not have to be boring.  I know I'm not the ONLY one with recipes, tips and ideas so feel free to comment with those of your own!  I look forward to blogging with you :)

2 comments:

  1. yayyy! i am so glad you are doing this. this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I get to blog stalk you now!! ;) It's only because I miss you though!

    ReplyDelete